Why junk mail matters
Junk mail is not named correctly. It should be called Research Mail, Zeitgeist Mail or something much more complementary.
Here’s a list of great things it does:
- It tells us what people think they can sell
- It tells us the price of things, probably our competitors
- It tells us who can afford to advertise
- It tells us the economic conditions of the day via the discounts made
- It display the advances in technology
- It tells us what’s hot
- It keeps us in touch with the business environment more than the Wall Street Journal does
It’s an entrepreneurs best friend. Startup blog says read your junk mail.