Amazing Aviation Facts
- Only 5% of the worlds population have ever been on an airplane.
- Flight is not the safest form of travel. The bus is on all measures. The motorcycle is the most dangerous on all measures.
- The airline industry has currently made a net loss of $31 billion dollars since 1940.
- The average profit per seat on a 1 hour flight is $2.20.
- In 1940 to fly London – New York it cost 1 years wages. Today it costs the wage of working only Monday & Tuesday.
- The average age of commercial aircraft is 19 years. (How safe is a 19 year old car?)
- Tom Stuker is the worlds most frequent flyer. He has traveled over 10 million miles.
- There are over 14,000 commercial flights in the air at any one time.
- There are over 3 million people in the air on planes at any one time.
- The worlds first flying car arrives in 2012. Called the Terrafugia it costs $194,000
Statistics are fun, Love Stevie.