Why Apple and IBM’s new romance proves never is a very long time
The recent strategic alliance of Apple and IBM is not really a surprise. But more than that it reminds us all of a few things about the times we are living through:
- Sometimes our enemies become our friends.
- Co-opetition is a better strategy than competition.
- It’s impossible to service every segment of a market.
- It’s difficult to serve both B2B and B2C markets simultaneously.
- What we thought yesterday, might not a good thing to think today.
- But mostly, that never is a very long time indeed.
Often we start our business with a fixed view of the world, and why we think our business should exist in it. What this means is that as the world changes, the view of our place in it should change too.