I’m launching a new startup. For those who don’t know about it here are some of the key points:
- The brand extension comes from an already successful enterprise
- The partnership & legal agreements were entered into over a year ago
- The idea is not an original one, rather a new execution of a proven formula
- We didn’t pitch the idea or ask for permission, we just did it
- It’s a brand extension
- It’s a self funded project with no external capital. But we wont have ownership
- We will give away the corporation, once it is cash flow positive
- It’s a very long lead project
- It wont be cash flow positive for more than 20 years
- Estimated cost of the project is around $500K
- We do expect to however, to yield emotional & community benefits very early after launch
- It’s an industry we’ve never worked in before, but have a natural flair for it
- Some of the product development will be outsourced to 3rd parties
- Outsourcing will occur in 3 large segments of up to 6 years each
- The most important product development will be done in house
- There wont be any major advertising, brand awareness will be driven through family & friends
- We already know it’s unique, but wont require any intellectual property protection
- However, major security measures will be taken to protect the asset, especially in the incubation phase
My new startup is my baby due January 25th, and it’s the most exciting one I’ve ever been involved in. We’re involved in more startups than we think…
Startup Blog says: Let’s not define ourselves by what we own, but the cool stuff we do.
For those of my blog readers already locked and loaded for startup school – Good News.
For those thinking about coming long – Another great reason to join us.
The uber terrific Yvonne Adele from at Ideas Culture has just joined us for the 2 events. She will be facilitating and helping us out through the two days. But don’t think she’ll just be giving the intro’s and outro’s – she’ll be giving us her spin on creativity and ideas, as well as getting us pumped up, motivated and thinking. Which will also blow our minds!
So, if you’ve been on the edge of booking startup school. Time to get moving. The Melbourne event is about to close the door with only a couple of seats left. And Sydney is filling quickly.
Feel free to contact me if you have any queries and want to chat in more detail about it on 0438 779566. Steve.