You have a pulse – it’s important it never stops.
Your business has a pulse – when it stops your customers assume your dead or dying.
This why the following elements are crucial for your business or startup:
- Advertising frequency
- Newsletter updates
- Web page changes
- Twitter feed on your homepage
- Regular blogging
- Returning phone calls & emails the same day
- Speedy invoicing (guilty)
- Product iterations and improvements
- PR & media exposure
- Team, fan, member, evangalist get togethers
- Conversing with your people on line
- Conversing with people off line
- Acknowledging (not hassling) everyone who enters your office, retail space or workshop.
Let your customers know you’re alive, and they’ll treat you like you are. Let them think your dead or dying and they’ll ensure you die for sure.
People are very time poor, or maybe just a little impatient. Regardless of which it is we have to be able to tell our story quickly.
Vanguard Investments do it in 2 seconds. Click here to see how they do it. (Watch the animation)
Even this chart below tells the story on long term ‘index’ investing. Of which Vanguard are the founding forefathers.
The recent downturn is a best a ‘blip’.
How long does your startup story take to tell? Here’s a tip – we’ve got a few seconds at most.