I was recently at the WPP Stream digital event in Asia (hence the serious lack of blogging). One of the sessions that we have at Stream are Ignite presentations. The idea for an Ignite talks is this:
- Tell us, but tell us quickly.
So the format is for 15 slides, where the slides change automatically after 15 seconds regardless of where you are up to.
It makes for entertaining viewing and rapid transfer of ideas. Here’s one that I particularly liked from Stream by Jason Oke which has some really great lessons for entrepreneurs, startups and anyone working in an innovation field for that matter. Enjoy.
I recently did an Ignite talk on Amazing Aviation. People were blown away with some of the facts I presented. Many of them are very surprising. Here’s some of the doozies in a top 10 list!
- Only 5% of the worlds population have ever been on an airplane.
- Flight is not the safest form of travel. The bus is on all measures. The motorcycle is the most dangerous on all measures.
- The airline industry has currently made a net loss of $31 billion dollars since 1940.
- The average profit per seat on a 1 hour flight is $2.20.
- In 1940 to fly London – New York it cost 1 years wages. Today it costs the wage of working only Monday & Tuesday.
- The average age of commercial aircraft is 19 years. (How safe is a 19 year old car?)
- Tom Stuker is the worlds most frequent flyer. He has traveled over 10 million miles.
- There are over 14,000 commercial flights in the air at any one time.
- There are over 3 million people in the air on planes at any one time.
- The worlds first flying car arrives in 2012. Called the Terrafugia it costs $194,000
Statistics are fun, Love Stevie.