When it comes to starting anything new, including learning how to speak a foreign language. So here’s my top 10 tips on how to hack the language learning process using the web:
- Watch free youtube lessons on speaking your preferred language. They’ve got ‘em all.
- Follow native speakers of that language on twitter. Here frequency & brevity is your ally.
- Comment on blogs in that language to practice your written form.
- Makes friends on-line with people from that country who want to learn English.
- Organize skype chats with your on-line friends to practice each others language together.
- Download one of the many free apps to practice in down time or while waiting for people.
- Offer free on-line English lessons to speakers of the language you desire to learn.
- Watch kids shows (cartoons etc) from your home country that have been translated on-line (see youtube)
- Set your browser, mobile and web apps into the language you are learning.
- Bonus Analogue tip – go to local restaurant and practice with waiters…
There’s never been a better time to start something worth starting.