This is an amazing piece from Dow Corning on the future of glass in our lives. It really sets the tone on how they will through their products make our lives better. It makes me wonder why more startups and large brands are not creating films about the future, and how they will shape it in a positive sense.
Quick advice. #1 Tip for selling a vision ?
So I thought it was worth sharing the answer here because the answer had to be delivered in less than 140 characters.
It’s about their vision, not yours. You need to demonstrate what’s in it for them. Not you. Let them own it. Perceived co creation.
Not even close… it’s not a billionaire, not even a millionaire…
It’s William Kambkwamba. William personifies the meaning of the word ‘Entrepreneur’. He has done more with less than any of those above. In all probability William had as little a resource base available as any living person in the free world. This is no exageration.
Here’s why he is the worlds greatest entrepreneur:
– He had no financial resources
– He could not even afford to go to school, had no formal education
– He had to make it work with junk he found lying around
– He is self taught
– He created something incredibly complex
– He did it from a guide in what was then, a foreign language to him
– He built something for the good of others, to help his village
– He was not motivated by money
– He defied ridicule
– He is humble
William is the greatest entrepreneur in the world. William is one of the greatest inspirations I’ve ever had the fortune of being exposed to. Read up on William. Google him. Watch the Youtube videos on William. Absorb what William represents and re-consider what you beleive to be hardship next time you have a tough day. I do.